* Originally published February 4, 2013
Thank you to everyone who has prayed for me and my family and sent an encouraging text, email or card in the mail. Our spirits have been sustained by your vigilance. Today’s meeting with the oncologist spawned an array of emotions we are still processing and once we’ve had an opportunity to get some distance I will send a more thoughtful update. In the meantime I want to give the new details of my situation:
- I do still have cancer.
- The cancer has not spread.
- At the last PET scan 3 months ago there were 8 spots, today there were 2.
- One of the spots has grown significantly, baseball size, and is comprised mostly of dead cells.
- The other spot is small, marble size, and indeterminate as to whether or not it is actually cancerous, though it is likely.
- The growth rate for both of these spots is considerably low (previously it was high).
I will provide more details as we are able to process them both mentally and emotionally. In the meantime, if you feel compelled to call, email, text or stop by our house late in the evening we welcome the opportunity to tell the story.